This is where the Kong Toy legacy began – with the classic red kong. Modeled after an engine part that the founder’s dog both enjoyed and did not destroy, Kong Dog Toys have been making tough toys dogs love ever since. These red one are the original Kongs toy. Used by millions of people with millions of dogs through the years, there are ways to use this that almost every dog will enjoy.
Rompers, Chompers and Shakers? Yes! These suit your dogs fine, as do the Softer Kongs. The black Extreme Kongs are probably a bit too much for them.
Gnawers may do well here, esp. if you get a larger size they cannot get back into those destructo-jaws of theirs. Your best bet are the Tough Kong Toys.
Rippers will mostly be thwarted, which is where we get many glowing reviews from people that finally they have a toy that lasts!
Pickers – sigh – try the Tough Kong Toys but I am not that hopeful. Use under strict supervision, as you must do for nearly all toys, or shrug and let them have their fun. Your choice.
- Revolutionary design makes toy bounce unpredictably in every direction
- Hollow center can be stuffed with treats or peanut butter to give dogs an extra playtime challenge
- Non-splintering, non-abrasive, does not get sharp when chewed
- Made of thick, puncture-resistant rubber
- Dome shape is hollow in the center
Buy on Amazon
Anther classic Kong Toy to consider:
KONG Stuff-A-Ball Dog Toy, Large, Red
- Cleans teeth and gums as dogs chew
- Use with KONG Easy Treat
- Patented Denta-Ridges reduce plaque and food debris
- Made in the USA of nontoxic, extremely durable natural rubber
Buy on Amazon